This is the official website of DISES
Division of International Special Education and Services
The Division of International Special Education and Services (DISES), a division of the Council for Exceptional Children, promotes knowledge, exchange, collaboration, human rights and advocacy to those who provide services for individuals with disabilities. DISES promotes international communication, cooperation, and progress in education and services for children who have disabilities and/or gifts and talents. DISES serves as a catalyst for the international exchange of special education practice, promotes international research, and sponsors forums for professional development, and establishes networks that foster international association. You can visit the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) website here (http://www.cec.sped.org).
DISES IS SEEKING A SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR!!
- Create, monitor, and maintain relevant social media accounts
- Post information about DISES activities across DISES social media platforms
- Setup weekly tasks and activities for all social media outlets
- Collaborate with the Membership Officer on social media initiatives
- Monitor social media trends and competition
- Report to the Information and Publications Officer to ensure a cohesive social media identity
- Provide monthly reports to the Management Team and the Information and Publications Officer, with statistics and results for each account
- Propose new social media initiatives in collaboration with members of the DISES Board of Directors
- Familiarity with a variety of social media outlets
- Active DISES member for 3 or more years
- Ability to maintain a minimum of 4 hours/month implementing social media for DISES.
- Current involvement in special education issues and services