Journal of International Special Needs Education
- Author Guidelines
- The website is indexed by EBSCOM and ERIC.
- Institutional Subscriptions - $70
- Individual Subscriptions - $40
- Interested Parties can contact the journal directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the Journal of International Special Needs Education is to provide DISES members and members of the international scientiﬁc community with information that reﬂects the ﬁeld of special education around the world. It is a multi-disciplinary peer reviewed journal for reporting original and theoretical contributions concerning disability and the delivery of special education programs and services to individuals with disabilities throughout the world.
Categories for Manuscripts:
- Research reports describing original research with both theoretical and applied implications. Group designs, single subject designs, qualitative and quantitative designs are welcome.
- Literature reviews, position papers, and descriptions of programs which can inform theoretical discussion of special education and the understanding of disability on a global level are eagerly sought.
- "Best practice" or case studies outlining interesting local initiatives and drawing conclusions which can be generalized into national historical and social trends as well as global movements are welcome.
All manuscripts must have a strong theoretical grounding. Manuscripts dealing with theoretical and generalizable issues in comparative special education, social justice and the distribution of educational resources in the world, and ‘‘meta’’ issues are speciﬁcally sought; theoretical reviews are welcomed.